b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Jim Stinehart's Theories

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Jim Stinehart's Theories
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:55:49 -0600

On 8 Oct 2008 at 8:13, George Athas wrote:

> Can we please get back to discussing Hebrew language and literature. And
> can I remind everyone that b-hebrew is not a place to argue an agenda. We
> want to discuss and weigh up evidence only, and apply reasonable logic (not
> extreme logic) to our analysis.

George,
While I understand what you're saying, I personally found Jim's explanation
of his approach
quite illuminating in terms of understanding his view and analysis of the
text. We all bring
some sort of a prioris to the text, and especially with something as
unconventional as what
Jim presents, I believe this sort of explanation and development was in
order.

I now return to lurking.

Dave Washburn
"I'll hold the nail. And when I nod my head, you hit it with the hammer."