b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deut. 32:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Hamuel <davidhamuel AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deut. 32:6
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:21:53 -0700 (PDT)

Yigal,

The dagesh is conjunctive dagesh, dehik, ate merahik (according to Norzi
there are MSS with the dagesh; some without).

See, for example, the word nugot -- Lamentations 1:4. Koren Bible, Snaith --
the nun is without the dagesh; Breuer, Adi Bible -- with dagesh.

Best & Shanah Tova!

David Hamuel
Type Designer
Biblical Hebrew, Grammar & Cantillation Expert

Los Angeles, CA — USA