b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] K)RW with alef as mater lectionis?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] K)RW with alef as mater lectionis?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 05:08:48 +0200

Shalom to all B-Hebrewites,

I remember someone having written at some point in the past (though I
did not find it in a search of the archives) that alef appears in a few
places as a type of vowel marker in medial-vav (ayin-vav) verbs. Of
course, this question comes from thinking (again) of what to do with
K)RW in Psalm 22:17. Does anyone know where I might have read it if I
didn't read it on this list? I heard that there were other verbs that in
the DSS were spelled with an unexpected alef. Can someone confirm or
deny this?

Thanks,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel