b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Modern v. Biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <pporta AT oham.net>
  • To: "Kevin Barney" <klbarney AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Modern v. Biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:52:20 +0100

I'm looking for a summary of the main differences
between Modern and Biblical Hebrew. Could someone
either refer me to a link if such a thing already
exists or reply here with a few bullet point items
outlining the basic differences?

There is the link www.oham.net where, perhaps not in the manner you wish or need, one can compare many features of both types of Hebrew, mainly the differences in the spelling.
Indeed, the patterns show in their right side the niqud (vowellized) and in their left one the not niqud (unvocalized).

Is is a site still under construction but I think it can be extremely useful for your purposes, even if you ought to complete with other sources the information it supplies.

Pere Porta
Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)