b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] root or suffix?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] root or suffix?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:31:06 -0600

pporta AT oham.net wrote:
Dear b-hebrew listers,

in a word as &DHW, his field (Gn 23:9) ------- letter H is a root letter, namely the last letter of &DH, field (Jl 1:10), or rather does it belong to the suffix, namely HW as it clearly happens, for a sample, in R(HW, his fellow (Rt 3:14)?

I'm putting this question because I need to know the right place where to put this word type &DHW (the same as QCHW in Gn 47:21 and so on...), within the Hebrew Schemary.

Pere, it parses in Accordance as though the H here is part of the suffix. There is a H in the word, but it seems to drop before the suffix, at least according to Accordance.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard