b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] soferim vs. sopherim

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] soferim vs. sopherim
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 17:31:39 -0500

As written in English, soferim and sopherim are from the same Hebrew word, I
believe.

I am a little confused though, since when I google it, each does give off
different listing. Basically soferim = something of Talmud; whereas sopherim
= scribes. On the other hand the singular sofer and sopher seems same.

I hope I am not making a fool myself. Can you help clear my ignorance in
Hebrew?

Thank you. And Happy New Year.