b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:13:01 -0800

Dear Ron:
How are you translating the verse?

"For the defrauder makes a fool of the wise and makes the heart lost from
narrating (so that it does not narrate)"

($Q to defraud, used in participle, defrauder (in context, the defrauder is
probably death)

YHWLL pilel of HWL to make a fool of.

XKM wise

)BD to become lost, often used as a euphemism for to die, perish.

LB heart.

MTNH prefixed M, TNH to narrate.

Karl W. Randolph.