b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jimstinehart AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:55:51 -0500

Yitzhak Sapir:

You say that 'sahaduta' is an Aramaic word, and that -uta is a nice, good
Aramaic ending.

I am having trouble confirming that on The Complete Aramaic Lexicon site that
you referenced.

1.? When I type in 'sahaduta', it says there is no such Aramaic word.

2.? When I look at the Old Aramaic texts, I do not seem to see any -uta
endings.

3.? What does -uta mean as an ending in Aramaic?

4.? Could you list several Aramaic words that end with -uta?

Jim Stinehart
Evanston, Illinois
http://mail.aol.com