b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew font

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Petr Tomasek <tomasek AT etf.cuni.cz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew font
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 06:58:32 +0100

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:43:25PM -0800, Nick Lamme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what font most of you used. Because I cannot discern
> much of what is written in Hebrew. Thanks.
>
> Nick Lamme
> Pole Tavern, NJ

Do You mean in this email discussion?
The most people here are just using NO SPECIFIC FONT.

Hebrew here is either coded using the CCAT scheme (i.e. in
plain ascii) so that You don't actually see any hebrew
(i.e. You have to "decode" it by yourself)
or the hebrew is encoded throught the "unicode".

If You have problem reading email's in unicode,
your OS/mail reader is likely to be either outdated
or your fonts are misconfigured.

Petr Tomášek

P.S. Example of hebrew in unicode:

consonants: