b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ktiva & Kria

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "belaga AT math.u-strasbg.fr" <belaga AT math.u-strasbg.fr>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ktiva & Kria
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:48:38 -0700

Edward:

Interesting article. I have two questions:

Seeing as this deals with a rabbinical practice, what relevance does
it have to practice near the beginning of royal succession (second
generation)?

While the 10 cubit measurement referred to an external measurement of
the vat, did the circle of 30 cubits refer to an external measurement,
or to an internal one (external minus the thickness of the metal)? If
to an internal one, how close would it be to pi?

I had never heard before that this was only an approximation for legal
purposes, but it makes sense as a way to explain the Biblical data.