b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deportation of Judea and Samaria

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deportation of Judea and Samaria
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:43:51 +0200

As I wrote, I agree. Also, I think that the Nehemiah memoirs show that at least some Jews kept speaking Hebrew even in Babylon, so that the "revival" of hebrew in the post-exilic period would not have only depended on its being spoken by non-exilied Judeans.

Yigal Levin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>