b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Where did Abraham view the smoke from?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "biblical hebrew" <jcr.bhebrew AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Where did Abraham view the smoke from?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:28:44 +0100

Hi Jim,

while I appreciate your efforts use 'logic' to interpret the text we have
been left with, your methods sometimes leave a lot to be desired. The text
does not say that Abraham saw Sodom it says he saw the smoke. Your
assumption that he needed to be on a mountatin at Bethel/Ai is, therefore,
completely unsubstantiated. The ONLY clue that the text gives us of
Abraham's location is in the words of where he had stood before Yhwh. Unless
you can prove that Abraham 'stood before Yhwh' at Bethel/Ai then you have
absolutely no case whatsoever for assuming that Abraham viewed the smoke
from there and no amount of length to your posts is ever going to change
that.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew Thesis 1 - Aleppo codex machine translation
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc Thesis 2 - language acquisition simulation

  • [b-hebrew] Where did Abraham view the smoke from?, biblical hebrew, 10/18/2007