b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Using an unpointed text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Using an unpointed text
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:19:24 +0100

YS: Your sentences are contrived. For example, take the last one --
why would anyone need to add a whole new sentence except to
make up for the missing vowels in your contrived example? And
why don't you have the entire sentence without vowels? "thy lft
mss n a bskt n th rvr btwen th rds", "tht by s s rd. h nvr sys thnk
y fr nthng."

JCR: I just new you were going to say that ;-)

I cordially invite you to demonstrate how many
ambiguous meanings "thy lft mss n a bskt n th rvr btwen
th rds" and "tht by s s rd. h nvr sys thnk
y fr nthng." I'll even grant you leaving the maters
lectionis out of 'nthing' and 'in' and 'rivr'.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation
http://www.lamie.org/ngelta