b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Reverse concordance - additional functionality

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Reverse concordance - additional functionality
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:26:58 +0100

Hi all,

a new request, off list again, made me realise another
lack in the functionality of concordances - they only
provide complete listings for specific words not groups
of words with the same suffix.

My specific request was to be able to to view all
verses with words ending in -YHW or -YH. This
functionality has now been made available by the use
of a hyperlink at the top of the page linking to the
query which will return the desired verses.

For example:

The page for words with -YHW suffix,
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php?sub=%D7%99%D7%94%D7%95
now has a hyperlink at the top of the page, YHW, which
leads to
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php?q=%D7%99%D7%94%D7%95
which returns the desired verses which contain words
which end in -YHW

Likewise,
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php?q=%D7%99%D7%94
links to a page listing the verses containing words
ending in -YH

I don't how many will benefit from this added
functionality but I just thought I'd announce just in
case anybody else wanted to be to do this kind of
thing.

Please, users of my software, keep your feature
requests coming in. If features requested are within
my skill set and I can see why they would be useful I
will always do my best to provide the functionality
requested.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation