b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Reverse concordance

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Reverse concordance
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:00:19 +0100

Hi all,

I was recently asked, off list, if there are any online
applications that can return names with a -YH suffix
rather than a -YHW suffix.

This made me realise one of the major downfalls of
traditional concordances, they generally have a bias
towards the alphabetical order starting from the
beginning of the word rather than the end of the word.

Anyway, I don't how much of a demand there is for this
kind of thing or how many people would find such a
functionality useful as the logic for such a
functionality required very little alteration to my
already developed concordance code I decided to make
and release an online concordance with reverse
alphabetical ordering capabilities, i.e. you can look
up words with alphabetical endings rather than
beginnings.

For all that's interested you can find it at
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php

The specific query that inspired the work - which
words end in -YH can be found at
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php?sub=%D7%99%D7%94

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation
http://www.lamie.org/ngeltag or how many people would find such a
functionality useful as the logic for such a
functionality required very little alteration to my
already developed concordance code I decided to make
and release an online concordance with reverse
alphabetical ordering capabilities, i.e. you can look
up words with alphabetical endings rather than
beginnings.

For all that's interested you can find it at
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/reverseconcordance.php

  • [b-hebrew] Reverse concordance, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ, 08/25/2007