b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Deuteronomy 21:23 Who is cursed?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Deuteronomy 21:23 Who is cursed?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:21:14 +0100

MA: Probably. I didn't recognize the construct form of cursed and didn't have
lexicon handy to check it out.
I should have taken the time to look it up.

JCR: But you didn't really even need to look it up. Two
nouns next to each other, as Dr Davila used to say to me,
are generally going to be in a construct relationship.

MA: I haven't been able
to find any scripture where this translation of קִלְלַת can be shown to be
normative. Perhaps, someone will point that out to me.

JCR: My online concordance,
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/concordance.php , is freely
available for you to do your own research.

James Christian Read
BSc Computer Science
thesis1: concept driven machine translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew (thesis1 and resources)
thesis2: language acquisition simulation
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc (thesis2)