b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] wild guess about betula

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] wild guess about betula
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:38:45 +0000

I understand that virgins used to wear special clothing that showed they were virgins like in 2 Samuel 13:18 which says Tamar wore a special outfit as a as one of the king's virgin daughters.
Maybe non-royal people wore a different outfit that showed they were virgins.

Maybe "betula" means "in red" although it is spelled differently than the word red in Hebrew. Maybe the word "bachur" young man could mean "in white".

If the idea seems silly, sorry. I am just guessing for fun.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Greifer

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01

  • [b-hebrew] wild guess about betula, kenneth greifer, 07/16/2007