b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:42:09 -0700

Deuteronomy 10:1–4 makes it pretty clear that it was God who did the writing.

Ancient Hebrew sometimes changes the subject of the sentence when
changing clauses, with the personal pronouns not giving a clear
picture of the change. It is not common, but I have noticed it but not
noted it (written down examples to show others). We need to look at
context in those cases to determine who the subject is in those
clauses.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 6/26/07, Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net> wrote:
Dear John,
> Why about in verse 1 of that same chapter where God says to Moses "I
> will write upon..."?

Thanks for pointing out that verse. ... The ten commandments were ultimately
God's idea and project. Moses may have written the words the second time, but
they still were God's vehicle for governing Israel.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard