b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Exodus 34:28
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:36:30 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)

In Exodus 43:28c there is the line "and he wrote on the tablets the words of
the covenant, the ten commandments." I have no problems with the meaning of
the words, just in working out who "he" is - Moses ort God. It seems to
read more logically as Moses wrote, but I wondered if there was any rule of
syntax to solve this. Sorry I haven't written it in Hebrew transcription,
but I have only a few seconds to write.

Kevin Riley