b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Typos in Grammer Book

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: pporta AT oham.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Typos in Grammer Book
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:32:40 -0500

pporta AT oham.net wrote:

For the Lamed He - GLH -Pi'el Imperative 2MS they have:
GAL."H
but shouldn't it be:
G.AL."H

A first letter of a given word takes o does not take dagesh depending on which the last letter of the preceding word is.

In the rest of the chart the gimel has the dagesh

For the Pe Nun - LQX - Qal Perfect 2MS they have:
LFQFX:TF

This is right in PAUSE.

but shouldn't it be:
LFQAX:TF

This is right in dynamic position (not pause)

Explain what you mean by pause.

Remark: all of us do some mistakes when writing. So does your author.
And remark: yourself wrote #LX where you should have written $LX.
This is a great problem: mistakes in writing, and a problem quite hard to solve!!

Thanks for confirming the mistakes.

Actually the # was not a mistake. In the Michigan Encoding # is the Shin/Sin with no points. $ is the Shin, and & is the Sin.
Since I was typing in the root I used the # for the letter.

B"H
John Steven

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.