b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] labo' lepaney and Gen 6:13

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] labo' lepaney and Gen 6:13
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:58:12 -0700

Dear Karl and Bryan,

Ps 79:11 are the cries/groanings (whether spoken or non-spoken makes no
difference) of condemned prisoners for "mercy (implied) before God by the
one who is interceding their behalf," while Ps 88:2 is the cry of one who
is pleading in prayer for help by the petitioner himself. Now, would not the
poetic genre allow for a slight looser grammatical structure to come into
play here?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III