b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:1
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:57:03 -0400

I know you didn't ask me, but it refers to a time (after Mashiach) when there will be no more sinning, for there will be no more temptation to sin, everyone will know G-d, and the world will be restored to perfect harmony.

Shoshanna

HH: One issue is the meaning of ToRaH in this passage. I believe it is
God's instruction, but I don't believe it is exactly the Mosaic law.
Steve already mentioned one issue. Related to that, do you take the
following words as referring just to past sin, or do you think Israel
will be committing sin in the future, once they have the law written on
their hearts?

Jer. 31:34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his
brother, saying, ’ÄòKnow the LORD,’Äô because they will all know me, from
the least of them to the greatest,’Äù declares the LORD. ’ÄúFor I will
forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.’Äù

Yours,
Harold Holmyard