b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:26:06 -0400

I know, I thought this was about linguistics, not theology, but some members of this list see Jesus everywhere in Torah, when there is no "linguistic" basis, like in Bereishis, and I have been quiet for a long time, and no one cares when they promote their theology, but some people get angry at me for protesting, and it is really annoying to me - I don't seek to promote Jewish theology, but then you, Christians, also shouldn't - unless we are discussing NT, which then we could argue what Biblical Hebrew (the name of this list) actually refers to.

I don't think I am contradicting myself, since I am not making anything up, but deferring to Chazal, who were all superior than me to a level which I cannot even comprehend, and it is clear to all of them, and even to me, a mere nobody, that even Jewish people could rebel against G-d and Torah and work to make up a new religion, and even have a big say in world events, which doesn't make them right, no matter how much they affected world events.

My previous point being, that we Jews weren't affected by some errant Jews writings and compilation of NT, because of G-d's Infinite Wisdom in giving most of Torah orally, so that even Jewish rebels/non-believers, couldn't pervert it because they didn't spend enough time learning it/understanding it, didn't have access to it, or simply were not considered learned enough to contribute to it.

And then we could go on to Torat HaNistar - Kabbala - which is the Hidden Torah - which transcends this very physical world including all of our religious differences, which is true and completely not knowable by Hebrew linguistics.

It shouldn't be about "theology", but maybe it is not possible to separate theology out of Torah. What else is Torah, but the blueprint of creation, and if you don't want to see it at that level, than at least, what is it, but the directions by G-d of how He wants to be worshipped and obeyed - for the good of all mankind and the universe, by the way - as it says everywhere in Torah - to the People that He chose to show the rest of the nations how, and anyone else who wants to be included, if they agree to be subject to Torah laws as written in simple Hebrew linguistic text in the Torah, with the Oral Torah expanding on exactly how each Mitzva is to be obeyed, and I don't ascribe to the belief that I/we are superior to all the rest of the nations, hence I am not "racist", but you really have to all acknowledge that we Jews were given much more responsibility than anyone else in the world by G-d as written in Torah (which is what this list is studying, not the Koran, not the Gita, not Confusious, etc.). And I am very sorry if some non-Jews feel angry or jealous - no one says you cannot participate, "convert", or whatever it takes. But there are definitely 7 Noahide commandments/responsibilities that are laid out for you in the TORAH, ie; BIBLE, some of which have been very difficult to carry out, according to my observations.

At least this is what the TEXT of the Torah says, whether you want to acknowledge that G-d wrote it or not - B-Hebrew list - but that is not my problem.

Shoshanna

Shoshanna, I can respect your theological argument (even if I am Christian
and not Jewish), but are you not contradicting yourself, since most of the
NT writers were Jewish. In that light, is not permissible to use a piece of
Jewish writing and apply it to another piece of Jewish writing? I thought
this was about linguistics, not theology