b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Number of MSS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jimmy Doyle" <jimmy AT liquidthinking.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Number of MSS
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:14:33 -0500

I'm trying to find information on the number of MSS (and their relative
dates) for the Hebrew Scriptures. I have found great information regarding
New Testament texts, even down to the details of individual books and their
dating; but when it comes to the Hebrew Scriptures, I can't seem to find
this info. The only thing I have found is a general number of about 2000
MSS. I'm really looking for something more specific than this, but even
this will do if I can find it in reputable source.

Any ideas?