b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "AMK Judaica" <amkjudaica AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:13:00 -0500

Ok. It seems I can I answer my own question using some older literature on my shelves.

Kahle (Cairo Genizah, p. 122) mentions a partially-cantillated Targum.
Chomsky, Eternal Language (p. 110), mentions Mishnah mss. with Babylonian and Palestinian cantillation (discovered by Kahle), as well as medieval and early modern references to Mishnah cantillation.
Hayyim Bar Dayyan (in Sefer Rosowsky, pp. 10-11) writes about pre-Tiberian cantillation of a Targum (also from Kahle).

I've also found vague refences in a google search to cantillated Mishnah texts in the online JNUL database. Does anyone know specifically which ones I should be looking at?

-Ari Kinsberg
Brooklyn, New York