b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 5:18 and 7:18 Most High

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 5:18 and 7:18 Most High
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:10:23 +0000

On 1/11/07, kenneth greifer wrote:
In Daniel 5:18, I think G-d Most High is singular, but in Daniel 7:18, I
think it is plural. Does Daniel 7:18 say "holy ones of the Most High" or
"highest holy ones"?

Also, I think the plural one is only used after "holy ones", and the
singular is used other times. I don't know Aramaic at all, so maybe I am
misunderstanding totally, but what do these quotes really say?

Dear Kenneth,

I recommend you take your questions on Aramaic to an aramaic list
such as: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aramaic

You can read a little background here: