b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Christopher V. Kimball" <transcriber AT tanach.us>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:41:32 -0800

Christopher:

My work with html is with sites that are so simple that even
javascript is limited to button effects, as a result I had never even
heard of AJAX before this message. Apparently none of the sites I have
visited use AJAX, as I have never run into this problem before. My
main work is in design principles, readability, layout.

(An aside, I have taken to heart the admonition that if it is
possible, aim for the lowest common denominator in your web design. If
a significant portion of my expected audience has difficulty accessing
a certain feature, don't use it. Avoid all bleeding edge effects. Even
Flash should be limited to non-essential aspects of web pages, as not
all browsers support it, and/or many users turn it off to avoid
annoyance ads.)