b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 06:49:24 -0800

Remember, Macs are the "computers for dummies", and I'm no Mac expert.

What seems strange to me is that the Mac system font has all the vowel
and cantillation points, and that it renders correctly for all other
sites and files that I have accessed and viewed, so why is this site
different from all other sites? What do you do differently that messes
up the fonts, not only on Macs but also many Linux boxes? Or is it
that by being specialized for the SBL font that it is not clean
Unicode?

When I tried accessing the URL below, all I got was a blank page in
the default browser for 10.4, namely Safari. Do you have some weird
html coding that only Firefox and its derivative Camino can render?

I know that when I design and maintain web pages, I use as simple html
coding as I can, in which the only browser that gives me troubles is
Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows. But by using simple html, I am
usually able to work around that problem. Are you using complexity
beyond what you need, and that is what is causing the problems?

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.