b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] English to Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] English to Hebrew?
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:27:34 -0500

This specific idea may be conditioned by your modern academic sensibilities.
It is possible, perhaps probable, that the ancients would not have questioned
communication they knew to be from Y--H. I think the effort you described may
have been applied to their reproductions of scrolls. However, I am
speculating, too.

David Fenton
NYC

When I am testing an interpretation of a verse, I like to ask the question:
If I was writing the Tanach and that interpretation was what I wanted to
say, how would I say it in b-hebrew? Then I look at the differences between
how I would have said it, and how God actually did say it in the Bible. This
may show a fallacy in the interpretation, or it may shed new light.

-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading
spam and email virus protection.