b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Moses' writing? [was: The New Testament]

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "rochelle altman" <willaa AT netvision.net.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Moses' writing? [was: The New Testament]
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:37:06 -0700

OY Veh! Rochelle:

Your answer is a multi-threaded straw man logical fallacy.

It would take too long to answer all your statements, so I won't start
at this time.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 10/26/06, rochelle altman <willaa AT netvision.net.il> wrote:
Whatever, Karl,

The Israelites didn't live in segregated conclaves, towns of fairly good
sized populations -- nope, they were scattered all over the place, or so
you seem to assume. In Egypt of all places. Wow!
.
Residents of farming communities and hamlets didn't have to know the
governing customs in order to survive, isn't that what you contend?

Peasants and nomads are not the most tradition ridden social groups,
right?. They don't have to know the rules of the land they are in..
.
Illiterates don't have to know the rules or how to recognize official docs
in order to survive, correct?

Luchot are hubcaps not tablets made of stone, wood or metal.Correct?

Moshe is God's voice, he speaks to the people for him, at least as
presented in the MT. Exodus isn't full of that, right? No, siree, unique,
not another ANE tradition. (what the heck do you think priestesses and
priests did anyway? They were the voices of the God(s) their job was to
speak to the peoples for the gods and vice versa. Naw, Moshe isn't
following ANE traditions.)

The Israelites never followed any ANE traditions, not even to the making of
animal idols.

They were just conscripted laborers, oh yeah? Ever actually read the
complaints? Do so some time. They kvetch about taxes, not the labor.

Solomon's; temple wasn't built in the tradition of ANE temples and ANE
temples didn't have courtyards -- with walls, right?. Ever read up on
Herod's temple -- small for historic reasons? That's why he built that huge
plaza, couldn't change the dimensions of the Temple.

And I don't assert that the PaleoLev is confirmation; I mention it as a
possible indication. Nothing more.

Whatever pleases you is fine by me.

Enough. I have work to do. I finally managed to get a copy of an article
that I need to finish a project I've been working on for more than two years.

bye, bye,

risa