b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] 1 Sam 1:26 Harold.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] 1 Sam 1:26 Harold.
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:17:42 +0100

Thankyou Harold, but having just read GKC 94 d and u, I don't understand it one bit. I have no idea what he is talking about. (I usually work things out but on this occasion I can't), Van de Merwe, Naude and Kreuze make no mention whatsoever about this Segholate participle, they give ONLY the SAME example as every other grammar book that I have. And I have four!!!!! I only want to understand the principle behind what is going on here - that is all.

regards
Chris.

HH: The form in 1 Sam 1:26 is a standard one for
the feminine participle, though the one you give
is also found. See GKC #94:d, h.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

  • [b-hebrew] 1 Sam 1:26 Harold., Chris and Nel, 10/25/2006