b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint and Hebrew Bible both say 70 souls inDeuteronomy 10...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: smille10 AT sbcglobal.net, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint and Hebrew Bible both say 70 souls inDeuteronomy 10...
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:44:21 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/2006 5:25:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
smille10 AT sbcglobal.net writes:

> The MT does not say who the missing 4 were in the 66 total, but I figure
> they are Joseph, Manasseh, Ephraim and Simeon, because they were already in
> Egypt before Jacob came.

Steve, I researched some more and found these verses, Gen.43:23, that says
Simeon was released to the brothers before Joseph sent them after Jacob; Gen.
48:6, reads that Ephraim and Manasseh were adopted by Israel and all of
Joseph's
children after them belongs to Joseph. Looks like Joseph had at least five
more children to bring the total to 75.

Doug
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley