b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Vadim Cherny'" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>, "'Moshe Shulman'" <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:02:06 -0400

> From: Vadim Cherny Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:44 AM
>
> To omit a verb is extremely common in informal literature, such as
> prayers,
> and to a lesser extent psalms. The phrase runs, like a lion [e.g.,
> threaten]
> my hands and feet.
>
> Vadim Cherny

[Steve Miller] Vadim, can you please give me 3 examples of a missing action
verb from the Tanach? Of course, do use an example of a missing stative
verb, nor a case where the verb is in the 1st 1/2 of a verse, but omitted in
a parallel 2nd 1/2 because it is implied by repetition.
thanks,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info