b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] BC date on the 70 weeks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Shoshanna Walker'" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] BC date on the 70 weeks
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:40:31 -0400

Shoshanna,
I think you are taking my word out of context. The perfect word of the
Tanach says "From the going forth of the word to restore and to build
Jerusalem .... is 49 weeks and 62 weeks." That means that this time interval
starts with a word to restore and to build the city of Jerusalem. So, this
word must have been given at a time when Jerusalem was neither restored to
Jewish control, nor built. Your Rashi commentary agrees with this.
I was replying to a speculation that the 70 weeks have not begun yet.

Have a blessed and healthy new year.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info