b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] preterit URL

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] preterit URL
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:00:48 -0500

Dear John,

HH: Here is what I thought to be a good article written from your perspective of a Nehemiah date for the decree to rebuild Jerusalem in Dan 9:25:

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/reagan/dr31.html

This URL that you have posted is a vivid example of the preterit concept I am
talking about.

HH: The article does not take a preterite position. Some aspects of the 490 years have been fulfilled. That does not mean that all have. The article is by a dispensationalist, and dispensationalists are futurists.

Daniel's prophecy is not finished but is yet future.

I know that as to typology it seems to fit into the era
that this URL presents but we are missing valuable information for our future
and that of our loved ones who are waiting for the resurrection as I too am.
And as we all should be!!

Daniel was introduced to the opening of the "last-end" in Dan 8:19. Please look at the
opening verses of Micah chapter 4 where verse 1 opens with the time frame of "last the
days". (yes the article is there)

Isiah chapter2:2ff stands here as well.

Please tell me that you do not see these prophecies as fulfilled

HH: No, I don't see them as all fulfilled. Daniel 8:19 may be fulfilled, but it is also typical of the end time. The other two have not been fulfilled.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

  • Re: [b-hebrew] preterit URL, Harold Holmyard, 09/13/2006