b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 16, The Name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com" <thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 16, The Name
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:55:32 GMT

Acts 21:40 And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the
stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was
made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue,
saying,....to verse 8

Acts 22:8 "And I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I
am aJesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting.'
Why is this not it Hebrew I am Yehshua the Nazor
Olwam?
Acts 26:14 "And when we had aall fallen to the ground, I heard a voice
saying to me in the 1bHebrew dialect, 'Saul, Saul, why are you
persecuting Me? 2It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
Acts 26:15 "And I said, 'Who are You, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am
Jesus whom you are persecuting.
Why is this not Yehshua? instead Iesous?
Eva Ritsema