b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seperating the beasts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seperating the beasts
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:13:08 -0700

I agree with Shoshanna, the beasts referred only to the kingdoms as
political entities only, not the individual kings.

The king or a line of kings was a horn on the beast. I don't remember
a single case where a beast, at least in Daniel, that an individual
king was typified by a beast of his own. Can anyone think of any
exceptions?

Karl W. Randolph.