b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Was Daniel a prophet?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Was Daniel a prophet?
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:56:36 +0100

On 01/09/2006 18:25, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
Matthew and Mark are not telling us if G-d considered Daniel to be a prophet.

That is not Matthew Postiff's position, I guess. Some of us believe that these are the very words of God, in the person of Jesus.

Sanhedrin was authorized to decide that.

You can assert that, but God nowhere says in his written Word that the Sanhedrin had any authority in this matter.

We have different ideas on such things, and it is pointless for any of us to continue to make unqualified assertions based on our faith positions which only inflame everyone else.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org