b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:54:12 +0100

On 01/09/2006 17:18, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
Even if he only got his visions from angels and not from G-d directly?

In regular English usage, whether someone is considered a prophet does not depend on this. My guess is that this was also regular Greek usage in the late Second Temple period.
Also, no one answered my question - was he verified by the Sanhedrin?

In order to be verified by the Sanhedrin, a self proclaimed prophet had to undergo a test, and if even just one of the things he prophecized didn't come to pass, then he failed.

Were any of the prophets who wrote the Hebrew Bible verified by the Sanhedrin? What is the evidence for this?

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org