b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Pentateuch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles Savelle" <chsavelle AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Pentateuch
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:29:22 +0000

Surely you are not suggesting that the debate between Mosaic authorship and the Documentary Hypothesis (JEDP) is to be settled by a falling chalkboard! It would be ironic indeed for one to believe that God would intervene by causing a chalkboard to fall but the same God could not have inspired Moses to write the Pentateuch.

Charles Savelle