b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] LeV and Le'VaV

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] LeV and Le'VaV
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:49:04 +0000

H.A.L.O.T says on pg 516 that L"BBAV is semantically the same as L"B; sg.
also used of more than one Ex 14:5, Dt 20:8b, Jr 4:4 particular usages, to
beat the breast Nah 2:8, 1 C 22:7...
--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>

From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:12:02 EDT
To: kwrandolph AT gmail.com
Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:4

In a message dated 7/15/2006 3:08:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
kwrandolph AT gmail.com writes:

> Actually, I am suspicious of all eisegesis, but Genesis is especially
> prone to eisegesis. There are a lot of places where Genesis makes
> implications, even strong implications, but does not provide details.
> That Qain was afraid of other people is an example of just such an
> implication, understandable only if there were many other people to be
> afraid of.
>
> It is eisegesis to try to fill in the details that are implied, and it
> is so very tempting.
>
> Karl W. Randolph.

Actually, you're correct here, and I guess I am most guilty of doing this.
Although I compare passages before coming to a conclusion.

It is Robert W. Faid, author of the series, "A SCIENTIFIC APPROACH TO
BIBLICAL MYSTERIES" that makes the colophan distinction: Genesis 5:4 begins
with Seth
and the rest about his generation. Robert Faid is a nuclear scientist and
consultant to the nuclear power industry. He's much like you, he dabs in
mathematics, history, archaeology, linguistics, and theology. In his book he
states
there are at least twelve such indication of joint authorship in Genesis. He
is very persuasive giving his evidence.

Doug.
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas

  • [b-hebrew] LeV and Le'VaV, Chris and Nel, 07/15/2006
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [b-hebrew] LeV and Le'VaV, kgraham0938, 07/15/2006