b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Poh, Peh, Pi

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "kgraham0938 AT comcast.net" <kgraham0938 AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Poh, Peh, Pi
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:35:40 -0700

But in this example I am using it in connection with a noun. The same with
other examples.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 7/4/06, kgraham0938 AT comcast.net <kgraham0938 AT comcast.net> wrote:

As far as I know whenever you have PeH + some sort of preposition it means
"in correspondance to, in accordance with. For example Gen 47:12 L:PIY
HA++AP means 'according to the children.' So here in Jeremiah 29:10 L:PIY
M:LO'T, I render it as "according to the fullness of Babylon...."

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>