b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Barah and circular reasoning

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Barah and circular reasoning
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:39:41 +0100

Spot the problem with following pattern of logic:

Barah means moulded and not created because they are used
in the context of elohim moulding preexistent heaven and
earth rather than creating nonexistent heaven and earth
which we know because barah means moulded and not created which we know
because the heaven and earth already existed
before elohim set to work on them in Genesis 1 which we
know because barah means moulded and not created which we
know because...[ad infinitum]

James C Read
UK