b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language of the Midians

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language of the Midians
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 03:43:43 -0400

My question began when I tried to understand apparently Moses' speech
problem in Exodus. Obviously being the Prince of Egypt, he must be
eloquent. Somehow after 40 years among the Midians, it may not be
easy to recover long un-used Egyptian tongue. Even talking with the
Israelites, his Hebrew must be a joke (Egyptian tongue + 40 years of
Midian tongue). Midian tongue may be related to other near Eastern
languages, but it must be not same as Egyptian and not same as Hebrew,
but I wonder whether there is some description about it.

Oun.