b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language of the Midians

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language of the Midians
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:31:20 +0200

Dear Oun,

The Midianites are absolutely unknown except from the Bible. We're not even sure where they lived. We certainly have no way of knowing their language. We can guess that they were Arabs, and spoke an Arabic dialect, but even that's just a guess.

Yigal
----- Original Message ----- From: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>