b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Dan; was Benjamin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Dan; was Benjamin
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:48:52 +0100

Yeah! I think it is quite possible that the original
writer used an older name for and that as the generations
passed copyists employed the minor justifiable
translation of place names such that readers would
actually understand which place was being referenced.
After all we don't know exactly when the text became so
sacred that copyists started to insist on copying even
the known errors.

  • [b-hebrew] Dan; was Benjamin, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ, 06/27/2006