b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] .. to yigal.. origins of thesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] .. to yigal.. origins of thesis
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:27:55 -0500

And may I add to that the refusal to acknowledge
that some names may have been reused by different
Semitic peoples. Not just may have, but most
certainly were. Not only the names of individuals,
but also the heads of tribes who passed their names
onto their peoples and places.

The myth that names were not reused is
perpetuated by not recognizing that Tanakh is
limited in its scope, recording only a small
minority of the events and peoples that fall under
its historical span.

Karl W. Randolph.

  • Re: [b-hebrew] .. to yigal.. origins of thesis, Karl Randolph, 06/25/2006