b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Text available for statistical study ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tony Bowden <bhebrew AT tmtm.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Text available for statistical study ?
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:38:12 +0100

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:57:04PM +0200, Alexander Oldernes wrote:
>>On a similar note, does anyone know of a source for a downloadable copy
>>of any of the lexicons (ideally Brown Driver Briggs, but Strong's would
>>do at a pinch)? I can find a wide range of sites which allow me to search
>>these online, or to use as plugins to their downloadable software, so
>>the raw text or a database version must exist somewhere - but I haven't
>>had any success so far in finding one.
> At http://faithofgod.net/davar/ you will find an application named Davar.

This is actually one of the pieces of software I use and I was referring
to (although I hadn't noticed the new version before which does indeed
look rather nice so thanks for the pointer to that!) Although it's
possible to cut'n'paste text from this into other applications, there
doesn't seem to be any way to export the raw data to play with.

Which leads back to the original question: does anyone know if there's a
source for the raw texts of any of the public domain lexicons?

Thanks,

Tony