b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT key term lists

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jae-Hee Shin" <jae-hee_shin AT sil.org>
  • To: "George Athas" <george.athas AT moore.edu.au>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT key term lists
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:27:24 +0500

Dear George,

I have TWOT and NIDOTTE with me. It seems to me that TWOT is not really
helpful, but
at the moment NIDOTTE would be the most useful in checking OT key terms.
However,
NIDOTTE has whole lot of subject index and index of sematic fields, etc.
But what I am looking for is now like KTBH(Key Terms in Biblical Hebrew),
maybe.
That is not just for theological or biblical studies, but for a good tool
for translating or checking important key terms consistently in the OT.
(For example, I would like to check the use of "sin(s), inequity,
transgression(s)" in Wisdom Literature and Psalms (in BH) in order to check
out whether those terms are translated consistently or appropriately. And
other key terms like those, too. )
So it may be primarily according to Biblical Hebrew, but not disregarding
theologically important terms.
I have also TW CD which has 'cheklists of key biblical terms in the NT (RSV
text)'.
This is the one I am looking for right away (I mean in the OT), but at the
same time more
serious studies like KTBH.
Here I have one more question, i.e., what is major differences between
NIDOTTE and KTBH project?
When would the KTBH be available to translators?

Thanks,
Jae-Hee