b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] search

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT whi.wts.edu>
  • To: Jack Edelstein <jack AT joneswoods.com>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Biblical Hebrew Staff <b-hebrew-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] search
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:28:53 -0500

Jack Edelstein wrote:

> Hello. Thanks for hosting this wonderful list. Is there a way to
> search through the entire archives, or do I need to view each year as a
> list?

I'm copying my answer to the B-Hebrew list, since this is a FAQ:

The b-hebrew archives at https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/b-hebrew/ do
not have a search engine that searches only the B-Hebrew archives.

When I want to search the archives, I use google with the word
"b-hebrew" and then other keywords, e.g.,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&q=%5Bb-hebrew%5D+tetragrammaton&btnG=Search

Now, this approach will capture other websites than just b-hebrew.

Perhaps other list members will have more sophisticated google.com
search strategies, or other methods. Please share.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--